Jan 20, 2011

Slide Lamp Project

Every so often you get to a point when you have to start clearing out those boxes that are stuffed under beds or crammed behind wardrobes.

You know, The ones filled with your "special" papers and trinkets from years gone by. The kind of stuff that's so important to you that when you moved House it was best just to leave them in the original tatty, sellotaped, broke down cardboard box used to transport them during the last move.....and until it's time to move again.

Well, this weekend I decided to tackle this enormous task. Amongst the broken License Plates (When did I get them??) and the Bags of Beermats and Napkins covered with scrawls that, once deciphered, appear to be just Random jabberings. I'm sure though, at the time, I felt they were an incredible insight into the Human psyche and would form part of my Epic First Novel.
(Actually, better hold on to these. They may prove valuable!!)

Anyway, in among all of this garbag...I mean memories, I found a box of old Picture Slides from an old photography project. Lots of perspective shots and out of focus flowers. Rather than throw them out I had an idea to recycle them but first I needed to change the Pictures. As much as I wanted to have an artistic life I was never a great photographer and it's safe to say, now with the help of Digital cameras - I can take hundreds of photos of the same subject and know I'll get (hopefully) one that looks OK.

So, the out of focus flowers had to go and instead I downscaled some family pictures. I then created my own unique slides and fashioned them together to make a Slide Lamp for my Son's room. The photos I selected are of his relatives that he would not see on a daily basis. Aunts/Uncle's & Cousins in California and Sydney. Family in London, Cork & Spain along with Loved Ones no longer with us. It's important to me that my Son gets to see and know this family as he grows up.

Here's a photo of the lamp.
Image: Patent Pending Projects

The great thing about this Lamp is that I can chop and change the photos as he grows up. It might even end up being a Lamp full of Superman / Batman / Spiderman Pics.

Or Barbie! (Just Sayin')

5 comments:

  1. hi can i get the steps of how to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your ingenuity and artistic vision, and I hope that the luminosity of your Slide Lamp project continues to inspire others. And who knows, perhaps a visit to jersey mike's coupon buy one get one free deal might offer you even more inspiration for future innovative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. want to express my admiration for the Slide Lamp Project and your captivating blog post. It has sparked a fascinating exploration of the value of time, particularly in relation to earnings.
    45000 a year is how much an hour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us continue to embrace projects like the Slide Lamp, where artistry and innovation merge, reminding us of the intrinsic worth of our time and the beauty . 45000 a year is how much an hour allowed me to reflect on the value of time and the significance it holds in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...